Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Of "Stardust", and pirate captains in drag



"Stardust" is a magnificent movie. The past few fantasy movies have been terrible. Take for example such drivel as "The Brothers Grimm", "Lemony Snickets". But Stardust just works on so many levels. I won't ruin it for you, but let me say Robert DeNiro steals the show. He plays the dread Captain Shakespeare. Whilst no one would surrender to the dread Pirate Westley, they would indeed surrender to the dread Captain Shakespeare. The ghostly Princes also steal the show. While really just a phantasmic Greek Chorus, sadly I thought they weren't used enough. I found myself pleasantly pleased with the whole affair. Go see it.

On the home front, tomorrow is the 32nd anniversary of my arrival on this planet. Not sure quite what to make of it. Maybe I will start to turn purple, just to be different.

Rowed 11.37 hors due to Stardust.

The monkey is a whoopsie, but we knew that all along. ARR!

m.g-sm

No comments: