Saturday, September 08, 2007

Movies to pass the time...

Since I work the night shift, I often rent movies to pass the time. Here are the 2 most recent ones I observed.


Blood Diamond is about the conflict diamonds that are a big controversy in Africa. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as a former mercenary turned diamond smuggler who helps a native African who has found a rare, large carat pink diamond. The country is in civil war and Solomon Vandy (played by Djimon Hounsou) is kidnapped to work in the diamond fields. His family flees the rebels, and his son Dia is pressganged into the rebel death squads.

Over all, the movie was very well done. Good directing, and writing. Cinematography was excellent and was filmed in South Africa. If you're a fan of action movies, with a strong moral centre, this movie comes highly recommended.


Holy crap. I forgot how much I hate most horror films. Dead Silence was directed by James Wan, the same hack who did Saw (which is one of the worst movies I ever, well, saw). What can I say about this crapfest? An utterly preposterous script, in which a ventriloquist is murdered, and comes back from the dead to take revenge on the men who killed her, and on their children, and so on ad infinatum. For some reason, she steals their tongues when they scream. I only rented this because what I originally was going to get wasn't available in the Redbox, and this was the only palatable choice of what was there. Big mistake. This director must be stopped. Never again
will I see another of his works. They're just too painful. =(

On the personal front, not much else has happened. Same old everything. I did hook up the HD box in my sleep chamber, so I can grab that stuff, for the archives. Sleep has been much better the past days.

Rowed 10 hors for absolutely no reason at all.

The monkey hates James Wan, and is going to steal his tongue.

m.g-sm

No comments: